The CAS in Digital Finance Law was launched by the Center for Banking and Finance Law (www.cdbf.ch) with the participation of members of the Digital Law Center team.
- To understand the challenges of digitalization in the banking and financial sector ;
- To acquire the legal basis to face the challenges posed by digitalization in the banking and financial sector ;
- To integrate fundamental legal reflections that allow to react to the expected evolution of digitalization in the banking and financial sector ;
- To create a community of specialists in digital issues in the banking and financial sector.
Practitioners in the banking and financial sector, including insurance, trading, auditing and consulting; data protection officer (DPO), specialist in compliance, strategy, risk management, front or back office; business lawyer active in the digital field; IT specialist working in the banking and financial sector.
At the end of the program, participants:
- have acquired knowledge and understanding of issues related to the regulation of digital finance, data protection in banking and finance, the evolution of banking contracts related to technological innovations, as well as intellectual property and competition law ;
- are able to analyze complex legal situations, understanding the technological underpinnings, such as the application of anti-money laundering legislation to financial technologies or rules on banking secrecy and data protection when using cloud services ;
- have a solid legal basis for analyzing the future challenges posed by the increasing digitalization of the banking and financial sector, for example in connection with the constant increase in cyber attacks and the increased demands for business continuity;
- have improved their ability to communicate, in writing and orally, their legal analyses related to digitization projects ;
- have developed their ability to interact with the various categories of professionals active in the context of the digitalization of the banking and financial sector, including specialists in compliance, risk management, and front and back office services;
- are able to effectively assist the managers of banking and financial institutions in the deployment of digitalization projects;
- have established a close network with professionals who are also dealing with legal issues related to the digitalization of the banking and financial sector.
- Regulation of digital finance
- Data Protection and Cybersecurity
- Financial contracts and technology
- Intellectual property and competition
Prof. Aline DARBELLAY and Dr Adrien ALBERINI, Faculty of Law, University of Geneva
Vanessa HAERRY, University of Geneva
- University master's degree, university bachelor's degree, university baccalaureate from the University of Geneva, master's or bachelor's degree from a University of Applied Sciences or a title deemed equivalent ;
- 2 years of relevant work experience.
Prof. Aline DARBELLAY, Center for Banking and Financial Law, Geneva.
Dr. Adrien ALBERINI, University of Geneva and Sigma Legal, Geneva.
Dr. Yaniv BENHAMOU, University of Geneva and ABR, Geneva.
Prof. Christian BOVET, Center for Banking and Financial Law, Geneva.
Philipp FISCHER, Oberson Abels, Geneva.
Maria-Antonella BINO, Doctor of Law, Group Chief Compliance Officer at Sygnum Bank AG.
Adrienne CORBOUD FUMAGALLI, Doctor of Economic and Social Sciences, Vice President of the Swiss Federal Communications Commission (ComCom), Member of the Board of Directors and the Audit Committee of Swisslife.
Pablo FAUS PEREZ, Group Information Risk and Data Protection Officer at Lombard Odier.
Alain GIRARD, Doctor of Law, economist, Head of Supervision of Small Banks and Securities Houses at FINMA.
Biba HOMSY, Luxembourg National Delegate to ISO (Blockchain, IoT, AI) and Founder of the Association Luxembourgeoise de Blockchain LëtzBlock.
Roni MICHAELY, Professor of Finance at the Geneva Finance Research Institute of the University of Geneva.
Jean-Philippe NERFIN, Group General Counsel at Pictet.
Number of participants
Max. 30 participants
Friday 1:30pm-8pm; Saturday 8:30am-1:30pm
With Cicero Certified accreditation, successful completion of CAS Digital Finance Law awards 360 CICERO credits.
Associate Professor at the Faculty of Law, attorney at law
Member of the Board of…